How to break into any industry without prior experience (product management, coaching, design, etc.)
Are you thinking about pivoting into a new industry but don’t know how to make it happen?
- Should you read more books or take courses or even get a master degree?
- Is it more important to network a ton?
- Should you go ahead and apply to 100+ companies now to maximize your chance?
- What if you don’t have any prior experience?
- How to power through all the rejections that are coming at you?
I was an investment banker in Hong Kong and successfully broke into product management in the Silicon Valley without any prior tech experience. I can tell you that pivoting into a new industry without prior experience is HARD. You often need to pick up lots of new knowledge and skills, face rejections after rejections, and perhaps even live with a pay cut or down leveling.
In this video, I want to share a K-I-S-S framework that helped me break into new fields over and over again, e.g. product management, coaching, design, business development, education technology, and real estate investing.